Defective & Potentially Dangerous Drugs
Each day, we use hundreds of products with relative ease and safety. Unfortunately, if the pill or supplement you take is defective, you can be severely injured. Manufacturers of drugs and supplements could be held responsible for sale of defective products, devices, and drugs. The responsibility of the drug manufacturer is to make sure the consumer receives a safe product. It is their duty to design, test, manufacture, and package a product appropriately. Because of the expert testimony and understanding of pharmacology these cases require, proving drug manufacturer responsibility for a defective product can be both complicated and costly.
The attorneys and staff at The Higgins Firm constantly look to protect our clients from potentially harmful drugs. Below are just some of the defective drugs we're working on:
- Metoclopramide (Reglan) Drug Injury
- Metoclopramide (Reglan) Side Effects
- Stryker Hip Implants Recalls
- Yaz and Yasmin
Why are so many dangerous or defective drugs being prescribed? The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), responsible for testing and approving every drug made available in this country, has come under increasing pressures in the past two decades from drug manufacturers who want faster approvals and a less strict testing process.
The FDA itself admits that not all serious adverse drug reactions are documented by the time a drug is marketed. The safety profile for new drugs that come on the market is never totally defined because new drugs are studied in relatively small and homogenous patient populations. As dangerous as it sounds, the final safety profile of a new drug comes after it has been approved and is in use by the public.
There is also the classic story of corporations putting profits over people. The pharmaceutical industry is a multi-billion dollar business and the competition to bring a new drug to market is fierce. Some companies have gone so far as to purposefully hide evidence from the FDA in order to a get a drug approved.
If you or a loved one have been injured by a defective drug, or if you don't see the drug that injured you or a loved one listed below, contact the experienced and dedicated legal team at The Higgins Firm so that we can immediately begin using our knowledge and resources to fight for you and get you the settlement you deserve.
- Tennessee Attorney Discusses New GranuFlo Case The number of lawsuits being filed related to the medical product GranuFlo and NaturaLyte are on the rise. These products are used in the during ....
- Most Recent Court Update Reveals that Pradaxa Lawsuits are on the Rise According to the report from the Judicial Panel on MultiDistrict Litigation the number of Pradaxa cases filed in federal court involving internal ....
- The Yaz Lawsuit and Nuvaring Lawsuit have similar cases but take Different Approaches In Tennessee and across the country, people expect that when they take a medication, it will help make them feel better. Unfortunately, in some cases ....