No family should ever have to experience a violent crime, especially a crime that was preventable. Unfortunately, many times these crimes could have easily been prevented had a party taken further steps. Proper equipment or further training from companies often are just some of the reasons that crimes are not stopped. Other crimes may involve physical or sexual harm, property theft, vandalism, harassment, or even crime related to car accidents.
Our firm represents individuals and families who are victims of crimes. Most commonly we represent victims when the crimes were caused by or could have been prevented by irresponsible businesses or corporations. This may include businesses that have inadequate security, restaurants and bars that serve underage kids or over serve patrons to the point of intoxication. Some other common cases include victims of the following:
- Victims of assault and robbery
- Vehicular Manslaughter
- People hurt by Drunk Drivers
- Hazing Victims
- Mistreatment by Security Guards
What Do I Do if I Have Been the Victim of a Crime?
If you have been the victim of a crime, it is important that you seek medical help immediately as well as contact law enforcement officials to investigate the incident. Following these steps, you should contact a Tennessee crime attorney immediately. Be sure to keep track of any documents related to the crime including any medical records and photographs documenting the injuries.
What Happens Should I Have a Case for being a Crime Victim?
First, we will talk with you and any other potential witnesses who may have any information about the crime. This may include:
- Law enforcement officials
- Security guards at the crime
- Crime scene experts
- Medical professionals
- Other witnesses including neighbors, friends, etc.
The next steps include the determination of whether the crime could have been prevented and how. We also inquire as to whether anyone could have foreseen the crime. We want to make sure that our victims find answers.
How can The Higgins Firm Help you with a Claim as a Crime Victim?
You or someone you love may have been the victim of a senseless crime that could have easily been prevented. If so, you may have a claim needing the help of one of our experienced and caring Tennessee crime victim attorneys. We encourage you to contact our office as soon as possible. We understand the amount of damage these crimes can cause. We also understand how important it is to ensure closure so that you can move on with your life. Our legal team works with security companies, former police officers and other experts to give our clients the most effective representation possible. We want to make sure that you receive the compensation that you deserve for the injuries that you have suffered.
If you or a loved one has been injured, contact us online or call us at 800.705.2121 to set up a FREE consultation to discuss your legal options.
- Wrongful Death Lawsuit in Death of Nursing Home Resident In Tennessee and all across the United States, people put their loved ones in nursing homes every day, expecting that they will be well cared for. ....
- Lawsuit filed against nursing home for an alleged sexual assault In Tennessee and all across the country, families place their elderly loved ones in nursing homes each year. When doing so, they expect that their ....
- Tennessee Bullying Case Affirmed at the Court of Appeals Last year our office tried a case against Robertson County, Tennessee. The case involved serious injuries that a young boy sustained after being in a ....