PRODUCTS LIABILITY LAW
Products liability law compensates victims injured by dangerous and defective products. This area of the law requires designers, manufacturers, and even suppliers to pay for injuries to consumers as a result of the defects and hazards in the products that they market. The purpose of products liability law is to make sure that the parties that caused the damage by placing the products on the market cover the high costs of injuries resulting from defective products. The Higgins Firm lawyers represent Tennessee victims harmed by defective products to earn our clients the awards due them from the corporations or manufacturers who sold or manufactured the unsafe products.
"Products" in this instance cover a variety of items, from cigarettes to prescription drugs, from firearms to children’s toys. These products include:
- Machinery and tools that lead to an accident other injury at home or on the jobsite
- Medical devices
- Medicine and drugs, such as Pergolide (Permax), Rezulin, Fen-Phen, Baycol, Celebrex, Bextra, Oxycontin, Pyridostigmine Bromide, and many other prescription and non-prescription drugs
- Food, such as peanut butter and other FDA recalls
- Toxic chemicals and substances, such as pesticides, asbestos, benzene and mold
- Automobiles and other motor vehicles, including trucks and motorcycles, and their accessories, such as tires, seat belts, airbags, and child car seats
- Household products and appliances
- Toys and recreational equipment
- Clothing and apparel
- PPE (personal protective equipment)
How can the Higgins Firm help with a claim involving Products Liability?
You or someone you love may have experienced severe or debilitating side effects after interacting with certain products. If so, you may have a claim needing the help of one of our experienced and caring Tennessee products liability attorneys. We encourage you to contact our office as soon as possible. We put our clients first in everything that we do. We will work with you to gather evidence including insurance information, medical records, and more to help you make the best case for your claim. We stand steadfast by our clients and will fight for your claim. We want to make sure that you receive the compensation that you deserve for the injuries that you have suffered.
If a dangerous or defective product has caused you injury or the death of your loved one, it’s important you know your rights under the law. Contact us online or call us at 800-705-2121 to set up a FREE consultation to discuss your legal options.
- Jury awards $11.5M to family in helmet lawsuit Tennessee teenagers and teenagers all across the United States are involved in sports such as football each day. According to the Center for Disease ....
- Stores Recalling 150,000 Nap Nanny Recliners Following Deaths In Tennessee as well as all across the country, people expect that when they buy products especially for use by their babies and infants that these ....
- How will Tort Reform Impact the Tennessee Meningitis Cases Last year our Tennessee legislature passed a tort reform bill under the by arguing that it would stop frivolous lawsuits. However, the unfortunate ....